Jan 22, 2011

5 days in

Well I meant to post a little earlier with some info about myself. In this post I'll include a picture I took of myself a week ago - be warned its not cool. I hate my body and I need to fix it. I'm 27, male and while I used to play sport when I was younger I'm not active at all now. I mentioned in a previous post that I get puffed out at the slightest of physical activity. I need to change this, and so I've brought an exercise bike into my room. I used it for the first time on wednesday, and I plan to use it every day. I know the novelty will wear off, but I need to stick to this. I've changed my diet dramatically, hopefully not too much so, but we'll see if it's working come Monday - my first weigh in after one week. Im fairly confident as I haven't really been bad this week. Thick multigrain toast with peanut butter (more protein in peanut butter helps keep the hunger at bay until lunch) for breakfast, and then for lunch a double cut multigrain roll with turkey, onion, roasted capsicum, baby spinach and salt and pepper. I use light cream cheese instead of butter as it has a lower kilojoule count. For dinner I've been having chicken stirfrys with bok choy, carots, broccolini (baby broccoli), snow peas and onion. For flavour i use a little peanut oil, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. It actually turns out pretty tasty. I've been having around 200g of chicken as I haven't been using rice or pasta - In the past I've still had carbs in my dinner but I'm going to cut it out this time.
Anyway, the first week has been going well, and I haven't been feeling tooooo bad. First weigh in is Monday and I'll be posting my first results. In the meantime below are 2 pictures of me which I took last week. While I'm too embarrassed to show my face now, I'm hoping that in a year I'll have another photo to put beside each of them which I am proud to show off. I'm a fat bastard I know... but I'm trying to do something about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment