Jan 29, 2011

This week so far

Well this week has been tough.
Wednesday was Australia Day and me and my housemate had about 20 people around to our house for a BBQ. I drank too much and I think I had about 4 sausages :(
Thursday night I got home from work all set for cooking a healthy stir fry but my housemate decided to make a chili using all the leftover sausages... he didn't finish until about 10pm by which time I was ravenous, and he offered me some of it, so I had it. It had loads of veggies, but the sausages were the bad part.
Last night I went to a friends house after work - the dinner wasn't too bad, just some pesto pasta with a bit of chicken in it with carrots and beans, but they put on a platter - last time I went to their house, I brought a wicked platter of cheeses, meats etc.. I kinda felt obliged to have some because I knew they bought it especially for me :(
During the day I haven't been bad - still having my toast for breakfast, and healthy roll for lunch. Today I woke up late and there was nothing in the house for lunch, so I had a Subway wrap - just chicken pieces with BBQ sauce and salad - supposedly only 1000 kj so not too bad.

Ive been using the exercise bike, but not as much as I wanted to - Tues night I went straight from work out to a friends house and didn't get a chance, and Wed I was too drunk to use it..! I did use it Thurs night, but then again last night I went out straight from work and got home at 1am so was too tired to use it. I'll use it diligently today and tomorrow, and then the moment of truth is Monday when its my 14 day weigh in... I hope I've at least lost 1kg. That's the minimum I want to lose each week - anything under that I'll be very disappointed.

But despite the setbacks this week I know I just have to keep going and not get despondent. I just need to make sure I keep to my routine when I can and understand that there will always be setbacks - I just need to ensure they don't knock my off the wagon for good.

2 comments:

  1. Its all about a lifestyle change. Dont deprive or get depressed when your days arent perfect. Just keep on truckin', changing bad habits as best you can and replacing them with life long good habits. You'll get there mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I did keep on truckin, and I'm happy with my 2nd week result!

    ReplyDelete