Jan 16, 2011

D Day tomorrow

So tomorrow's the big day. I start my diet and exercise regime. I've been on holidays for 4 weeks, and I'm also heading back to work tomorrow, so I'm going to try and get into a routine. I know what I need to do to lose weight, I just need to stick at it. My friend has been storing an exercise bike at my place, so I've moved that into my room so I can use it and watch TV shows at the same time. In the challenge to lose 15% of our bodyweight, my 2 friends have a head start on me, and have started losing weight. I weigh much more than them so I'm fairly sure I can catch up fairly easy. That's my first goal - to lose the 15%. I'm now 156.4kg (344.8 pounds)
This equals 23.46 kg (51.72 pounds). It's a lot, but even when I lose that, I'll still weigh 132.94kg's (293 pounds). This is still a lot, and still a long way off of my goal of 80kg, however it will be a very good start. I've taken a couple of photos (sorry, they're gross..) which I'll post with my head blacked out. I have to remain anonymous at this stage as I'm too embarrassed of what I look like. When I near my goal and get a bit of self respect back regarding what I look like, I may post some proper pictures.

I'm going to have pasta for tea tonight - from Fasta Pasta. I'm going to be cutting back take away, so I figured I'd have one final naughty meal. I meant to go to the shops today to buy food and cook a healthy meal that I can divide into lunches, but I didn't have time - it was my Grandma's birthday, so I'll probably do that tomorrow after work.

I'm excited that I'm starting tomorrow and really want to stick with it. In the back of my mind however is the fact that I've 'started' so many times, and then just gone back to old habits. I need this time to be different.

Tomorrow I'll post a bit of an FYI about myself, and include a couple of pictures. I do like those before and after shots that you see, so I'm really looking forward to comparing myself before and after. It's going to be a long journey, but I'm determined to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment